The Account Manager is responsible for developing profitable sales from major accounts by consulting strategic account needs and providing tailored, value-added business solutions to enhance the customer’s competitiveness, and achieve the financial goals of the Company. Responsibilities include managing client interactions and weekly mail process while ensuring that organizational goods or services consistently meet the client need. May be responsible for providing sales quotations, sustaining and renewing client contracts, and will work with a variety of industry concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and perform diverse tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. This role is additionally responsible for marketing data management as it relates to lead generation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to customers
· Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships; Act as liaison for internal and external communications with assigned accounts.
· Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive chains of command
· Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
· Communicate clearly the progress of all initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
· Forecast and track key account metrics
· Identify and grow opportunities and collaborate with team to ensure growth attainment
- Proficiently manages all aspects of client setup (Onboarding):
- Setting up Company account, all users and permissions
- Creation and organization of NDA and Mail Templates
- Collecting and storing payment information
- Establishing and orienting new client to the Monster Lead Group process
· Effectively articulate suggested products and data parameters to clients
· Problem-solve and trouble-shoot for clients. Use data available to overcome client objection and allay fears.
· Understand clients organization as it relates to direct mail
· Responsible for managing phone services – create tracking systems, set up or change toll free numbers as client requests.
· Responsible for managing project specifics:
o Monitor response rates; analyze trends, evaluate successful and failed programs to effect improved performance
· Collaborate with development, marketing, support, community management and QA to ensure the successful launch and acceptable performance of solutions.
Mail Process Management
· Reach out and encourage clients, with empirical data and compelling arguments, to place new orders
· Create open dialogue with our mail vendor(s) for purposes of setting expectations and creating open lines of communication
· Assure that invoices are prepared for accounting prior to the conclusion of the day
· Identify best data criteria for each client/job based on knowledge of current market and client’s goals
· Back up project manager(s) on orders and proofs
· Responsible for knowledge of our primary & secondary data vendors; strengths, weaknesses and variable data selects
· Responsible for understanding how to order data from each vendor
· Responsible for understanding when and why to use a particular vendor
· Understand the parameters of company data base as it relates to quantity, date range and loan size; Full grasp of the variables in company database
· A broad understanding of Data Segments and what makes them marketable
Education & Experience
High school diploma or its equivalent required
Four year degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Business Management, Liberal Arts, or Marketing, or equivalent required
At least 5-7 years of proven success in high-tech account management
At least 3-5 years of experience as an account manager, product manager or project leader in an online commerce venue.
At least 2-4 years in a sales or sales support role in online commerce.
Data management experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High energy, results driven, proactive with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work independently, be a self-starter by setting priorities and managing own calendar and project work;
- Ability to work within a fast-pace environment
· Strong business acumen with a specific and deliberate focus on customer relationships
· Relationship management skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships
· Ability to sell value and differentiation to customers
· Proven ability to manage multiple projects/accounts at a time while paying strict attention to the details of the plan
· Prioritizes and plans work activities setting goals and objectives for managing current business and developing new business
· Ability to develop a strategic business plan for working with and maintaining strong partnerships with customers
· Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions;
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication skills to include listening to customer need
· Strong presentation skills; Writes clearly and concisely; Presents numerical data effectively;
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at a given time and a moments’ notice
- Able to demonstrate critical thinking; using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems; must be a problem-solver
- Excellent persuasive skills; knowledge of how to demonstrate, promote and sell
- Sound expertise in development processes and product marketing.
· Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance;
· Uses sound judgment in decision-making situations;
- Must be able and willing to learn and apply new techniques.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions