UKFCU is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. UKFCU invites you to review the current “EEO Is the Law” poster as part of the application process. A link to the most current posters is here. Please also see the 2015 Supplemental EEO Poster here.
Applications are only accepted through our online application system. However, if you need assistance with any part of the application process or are unable to apply online because of a medical condition or disability and need an accommodation, please contact Austin Maggard in the Human Resources Department by phone at 859.264.4279or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request. Please note, UKFCU accepts only employment applications that are complete and received by the Office of Human Resources by the specified deadline for each opening.
Please be aware that you will need to apply separately to each open position that you are interested in. Each Job ID is a unique job even though they may have the same job title and location. You will need to separately apply to each position for consideration. Meaning, if you apply to one Teller position, it does not mean you will be considered for all similar positions. For example, if you apply to Full Time Teller Job ID 100, you WILL NOT be considered for Full Time Teller Job ID 101 unless you apply to it.
Job Purpose: Provides service to members and the credit union by processing member transactions and informing them of credit union services to the best possible benefit of the member.
Essential Job Results:
JOB SPECIFIC RESULTS
- Gathers information and attracts potential members for new services by interviewing the member to obtain accurate background information, answering product and service questions, assessing and evaluating members’ needs and wants, completing applications or other appropriate paperwork for credit union products and services.
- Engages appropriate staff in the decision making process by communicating with the credit operations department as necessary to expedite members’ requests.
- Delivering decisions to members by informing them of approval, denial or counter offer in an expedient manner, explaining terms and conditions, documenting notes to files, accurately completing loan documentation, file notes and disbursements, completing adverse action requirements and exploring other options for members.
- Participates in sales development activities, keeps informed of current trends in consumer credit, and maintains necessary licensure for the sale of specific products and services.
GENERAL MEMBER CONTACT STAFF RESULTS
- Maintains account records by updating member information as necessary.
- When directly serving members, cross-sells credit union services by answering inquiries, actively informing members of new services and product promotions, ascertaining members’ needs, directing members to other staff as appropriate.
GENERAL STAFF RESULTS
- Maintains member and employee confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential and sharing on a business-related as-needed basis only.
- Engages in problem resolution by clarifying the member’s and/or employee’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution; and keeping the supervisor informed of problems and solutions.
- Complies with UKFCU policies and procedures by enforcing and adhering to internal UKFCU procedures and board-established policies.
- Complies with federal, state and local regulations and legal requirements by enforcing and adhering to requirements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by maintaining an awareness of competitors’ rates and terms, industry trends and technology; attending staff meetings; identifying opportunities to attend seminars that enhance skills and maintain knowledge of new products that could assist in improving operational effectiveness; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to a team effort by accomplishing corporate and individual goals and other related results as needed.
- Two to five years of similar or related experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ten-key calculator, general PC and computer keyboarding experience.
- Ability to communicate with others one-on-one, fielding questions and responding to complaints.
- Strong, friendly voice and demeanor, good diction.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals with American currency, and to apply these concepts to practical solutions.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent with American currency, and to apply these concepts to practical solutions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions while dealing with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to work independently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stand. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee will be required to work indoors in a climate controlled office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The mental characteristics necessary to competently perform this job include the occasional need to be persuasive, use good judgment; and, the continuous need to use auditory perception, memory, and reasoning ability.
* The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of results that will be required of the positions given this title, and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically outlined in this description.