Job Description Summary
The Loan Officer Assistant will support one or more loan officers, typically in a branch environment.
• Update or correct data from new loan application that is required for Borrower approval through use of loan software.
• Print new application with supporting documents, prepare files for order out and processing review.
• Prepare accurate cost estimates for borrowers.
• Track all outstanding items on all files and follow up with customers to ensure timely receipt of necessary documentation.
• Participate in weekly file reviews with processor.
• Facilitate the closing of loans in a timely manner.
• Assist loan officers with the preparation and distribution of marketing materials.
• Perform other support/administrative tasks as requested..
• A minimum of two years’ experience as a loan officer, processor, loan officer assistant, or similar position preferred.
• Basic understanding of FHA, VA and Conventional single family underwriting guidelines and the residential mortgage loan process preferred.
• Demonstrated experience with accurate data entry, strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Proficient with MS Office including Word and Excel.
• Some exposure to marketing and/or preparation of advertising materials.
• Excellent communication skills -- phone, personal contact and written.
• Strong ability and desire to work with others, both employees and customers, in a cooperative and professional manner. Work cooperatively with and maintain effective communication and working relationship with customers, co-workers, and manager.
• Must possess good judgment, be able to accept responsibility and handle confidential information.
• This position will require / requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the terms of the Safe Act of 2008. As such, upon active employment with HomeStreet Bank, you will be required to either register via the NMLS Registry or re-register and move your previous registration to HomeStreet Bank's registration. Your continued employment in this position is contingent upon successful registration after your start date and annual re-registration thereafter.
This Position Description may not be limited to the Functions and Requirements as outlined, now or in the future. For example, changes in corporate needs, position demands, or individual performance may result in changes to the Functions or Requirements of this position.