The Processor works with loan officers, borrowers, and third party providers to obtain documentation and submit a thorough, accurate, and complete loan package to Underwriting. Maintains control of the loan file, monitors dates for approval, appraisals, and closing, and ensures that all deadlines are met in a timely and efficient manner. Recognizes and resolves challenges early in the process, and provides excellent customer service. Will deliver a complete loan file to the closing department within established company deadlines.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Reviews residential loan application files to verify that application data is complete and meets company standards, including type and amount of mortgage, borrower assets, liabilities, and length of employment; in some cases, recommends a loan application not be sent to Underwriting.
· Prepares necessary documents and submits mortgage loan application files for underwriting approval.
· Calls specified companies to obtain property abstract, survey, and appraisal.
· Orders FHA case numbers, and tax transcripts, as appropriate.
· Submits conditions to Underwriter to clear loan for approval.
· Follows up on all outstanding orders to third parties and borrowers within established company deadlines.
· Calls or writes credit bureau, employer for verification of employment, (VOE) and any other third party necessary to verify the accuracy of information.
· Prepares file for closing and submits to Closer.
· Mails approval and denial letters to applicants.
· One to three years' similar or related experience is required.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Courtesy, customer service, and tact are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
· Basic word processing and computer skills are required.
· Requires effective communication with customers and/or other employees using common telecommunications equipment and computer equipment. Must be able to read, examine, and organize documents. May require the ability to sit, stand, and walk around for extended periods of time. May also require the ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
· Position will often be in a busy office environment. The ability to multitask and focus in this environment is essential.
Please submit resumes to Matthew.firstname.lastname@example.org and please reference the job position you are interested in.
Academy Mortgage Corporation is an EEO Employer, who participates in E-Verify. Reference checks are a pre-requisite of employment. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a criminal background check and credit checks, as required by state regulation. All successful candidates must provide original documents that will establish their identity and eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act.