We are looking to hire an Operations Team Leader for our growing team. You will lead a team of marketing, technology and fulfilment professionals (3-4 direct reports) tasked with delivering hundreds of direct mail campaigns and millions of pieces of mail each year. Your team is responsible for the design, lay-out and production of direct mail marketing pieces for banks and mortgage broker clients. We focus on creating turn-key marketing solutions and the technology to track results and ROI. (We are not a mail house or print shop, we have vendor partners for those tasks). You will direct the team in efficiently getting 50+ campaigns out the door each week. Your clientele is banks and mortgage brokerage firms.
The Operations Team Leader will oversee the day-to-day operations and ensure all are functioning at their highest level of productivity. This role adds to the bottom line and is a member of the senior leadership team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The ability to analyze a production process with many steps, seek out weaknesses or inefficiencies, and put together a plan of action to correct them.
- Strategic planning and execution to enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency throughout the company’s operations.
· Investigates new areas for growth and improvement for each staff member or manager in accordance with the overall corporate strategy.
· Acts as the intermediary between your team and ownership.
· Responsible for identifying big-picture and broad goals which are then disseminated effectively to the company level and communicated / translated to how the company does business.
· Meets with the CEO and COO on a regular basis and makes suggestions for improvements or new directions.
- Responsible for the implementation and achievement of the business plan and key performance indicators.
- Reviews analysis of performance including financial and productivity data and ensures the appropriate changes in strategies, goals and objectives are responding to current status and conditions.
- A keen eye for increasing the efficiency of a process or system.
- Develop and direct the management of 1099’s, such as information technology resources, to ensure that all operational systems, processes and procedures are continuously evaluated for proper operation, relevance and utilization.
- Ensures efficient and economical performance in accordance with the operating budget and takes the appropriate actions to ensure the attainment of profit and year-end goals and objectives.
· Improve business processes for each key role at MLG through analysis and collaboration
- Participate in vendor negotiations.
· Work to increase the efficiency of the office through streamlining of workflow and delegation.
· Manage inventory levels with key vendors.
- Direct a team of 3-4 direct reports.
- Oversee talent ranging from design creatives to software coders to order entry to mail house vendors.
- Be the bridge between your team and Ownership.
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Business Management, or related field preferred.
· Proven track record and 3+ years’ experience in a same or similar leadership role with key responsibility and accountability.
· 2+ years’ experience in direct mailing industry a plus
· PMP a plus but not required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Possesses collaboration and people skills with an encouraging and structured management style.
· Must have the ability to shift gears and manage time accordingly.
· MS Office Proficiency, Database Management, Trello, Slack or similar project management tool; strong technical capacity.
· Solid business acumen demonstrating leadership, interpersonal, budget development and management skills.
· Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with a diverse set of employees with solid verbal communication skills and sound judgment.
· Knows how to take the initiative and is accountable for results.
· Strong background with budgeting and implementing relevant cost-containment practices.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.