USC Credit Union, a dynamic $450 million credit union, is looking for an experienced Real Estate Loan Officer for our Orange County Member Relationship Center in Irvine. CA.This position will be responsible for originating first and second trust deed mortgage loans in accordance with investor requirements and USC Credit Union Policy and will serve as the credit unions sales representative by actively identifying, cultivating, soliciting, developing, and servicing comprehensive personal banking relationships with selected members and pools of members.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Responsible to meet a minimum monthly and annual sales goal set out by USCCU management
· Performs credit qualifications by utilizing secondary market standards and USCCU’s policy and procedures.
· Communicates loan rates, programs, fees
· Originates 1st and 2nd trust deed mortgage loans
· Consults and Pre-qualifies borrowers for mortgage financing
· Issues pre-approvals and collects data to support the transaction as well as operating Desk Top (DU) and Loan Prospector (LP)
· Meets all state and federal compliance requirements set out, which includes but is not limited to Regulation Z, B, FACTA, TRID, HOEPA, HMDA, RESPA, HPML, ATR and all other mortgage compliance related disclosures
· Interacts with title, escrow companies, real estate office and appraisal companies, government agencies and other outside contacts as needed in order to facilitate the funding of member’s loans, as well as build relationships for future referral business
· Responsible for participation in community events for the purposes of promoting the credit union and its affiliated companies, as well as securing mortgage loan referrals.
· Responsible for attending regular credit union meetings, training classes, and conferences
· Responsible for regular production reports
· Must be able to prepare and present Homebuyer workshops and other education classes
The ideal candidate will:
· Possess a Bachelor’s degree
· Have a minimum of three-year experience in real estate origination and consulting
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of current residential lending guidelines.
· Possess a high sense of urgency, attention to detail, initiative and integrity
· Have exceptional interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
· Pass a pre-employment background and credit check including NMLS.
USCCU offers a competitive salary and perhaps the best benefit package in the CU industry. We are a member-focused financial cooperative committed to becoming the preeminent financial services provider to the Trojan Family.